If you’re talking about professional personal transport, most people will think of one name: the Caravelle 6.1. Over the past 30 years, it has become almost synonymous for the perfect shuttle bus. Its core expertise? Comfort and flexibility. Its unique skills? Smart digital services and cutting-edge infotainment. And at the end of the working day? It is often known to transform from an executive vehicle into your personal family mini-bus.
Space for plenty of guests – and all your needs
Your passengers can be very diverse, and the same goes for their individual needs. Four suitcases for a weekend away? A last-minute replacement for an overbooked trade fair hotel? No matter how surprising their needs may be: the Caravelle 6.1 will never bat an eyelid. The modular seat mounting system with a folding 3-seater bench enables you to create more luggage space at any time. And the back rests can be folded forwards to create a flat surface.
Safety is our priority
We understand that safety is on the forefront of your mind, given the number of passengers that the Caravelle can accommodate. As a result, we’ve built many clever safety features into our people mover.
The Caravelle 6.1 features an electromechanical steering system as standard, enabling a range of intelligent driver assistance systems including Crosswind Assist and Lane Assist, which detects road markings to keep the vehicle in its lane. Park Assist simplifies manoeuvring into and out of tight spaces by steering automatically, leaving the driver to operate the pedals.
Time for a break
The Caravelle includes Driver Fatigue Detection, a system that evaluates steering movements and other independent signals. If fatigue is detected, the driver is warned with an alarm and a signal is shown on the console display to recommend a break.
A relaxed driver makes for relaxed guests
It’s your job to make sure that your passengers get from A to B comfortably. That’s why the Caravelle 6.1 makes sure you can do just that. With its ergonomic workstation for the driver, electro-mechanical power-assisted steering and newly designed dash panel, chauffeuring has never been more comfortable. And thanks to outstanding all-round vision, you can keep an eye on the traffic more easily in bustling city centres or at major events.
MRP FROM $87,500* +ORC*
MRP FROM $89,500* +ORC*
Terms & Conditions
1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
2. Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
3. Weekly finance price is subject to change due to interest rates*. Please see the full terms and conditions for Volkswagen Finance for more information. www.volkswagen.co.nz/finance
4. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
5. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
6. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
7. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
8. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
9. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
10. **Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather
11. Vehicle availability will vary across the Volkswagen range, please stay in the know with delivery timelines.
12. ^NZ Govt. Clean Car rebate/fee may apply. These are as of July 1st 2023 and subject to change at any time.
*Prices and specifications are subject to change and without notice, always contact your authorised Volkswagen Dealer for confirmation. All vehicle pricing is inclusive of GST and excludes On Road Costs (ORC) unless otherwise stated. The Maximum Retail Prices (MRP) and Minimum Selling Price (MSP) are recommended prices only. Please note that actual on-road fuel consumption and emissions will vary depending on traffic conditions, vehicle load and the individuals’ driving styles. Vehicle accessory prices are inclusive of GST and include an estimated labour fitting costs. The actual dealer fitted prices may vary from the prices stated.